Finding the right orthodontist is a big decision. Knowing the right questions to ask will help you make a well-informed choice. Here are nine important questions you should ask your orthodontist before receiving treatment followed by responses from Dr. Andy Kapust.
1. From which accredited Dental School did you graduate and where did you complete your Orthodontic Residency Program?
University of Iowa School of Dentistry University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) graduate orthodontic residency
2. Do you only perform orthodontic treatment, or do you also offer general dentistry services such as root canals, cavity fillings, and extractions?
We provide comprehensive dentistry, (such as cleanings, fillings, extractions, and orthodontics), from infancy to adolescence. Dr. Andy is unique because he is a board certified pediatric dentist and a board-certified orthodontist.
3. Do you follow a specific Standard of Care as outlined in the American Association of Orthodontists Clinical Practice Guidelines when developing treatment plans/options? Please explain that process.
Dr. Andy bases his treatment recommendations on information that is comprehensive, unbiased and published referred journals.
4. What is the scope of the proposed treatment plan and possible consequences if we do not choose to move forward with one of these options now?
Dr. Andy will provide you with enough information so you can make an educated decision on treatment for your child.
5. How are treatment costs determined and what billing options will be made available to me? What insurance plans to you accept?
Treatment costs are determined after a thorough and comprehensive examination to determine a plan to provide an ideal treatment result. We excel at helping you obtain maximum benefits from your insurance. We will work to find payment options to fit each family’s individual financial requirements.
6. What should be expected as far as post-treatment follow up?
After treatment is completed and retainers are placed, periodic follow-up visits are recommended to monitor treatment results and retainer wear.
7. Do you provide patient references?
Yes, we have multiple references and would love to share them with you.
8. Are you board certified by The American Board of Orthodontics?
Dr. Andy is the only board-certified orthodontist in his surrounding area.