Dental Emergency Care
"It is very important that you contact Dr. Kapust at (360) 943-6600 immediately should you have a dental emergency."
Dental emergency care may be needed for the following reasons:
Child’s permanent tooth is knocked out
Child’s tooth is chipped or fractured
If you can find the chipped portion of the tooth place it in a clean container with cold milk, saliva or water and call Dr. Kapust immediately. Use cold compress to reduce any swelling that may be occurring.
Try cold compress, ice wrapped in cloth or water rinse to help alleviate any pain. Do not put heat or aspirin on the sore area.
You can prevent or reduce the need for dental emergency care for your child by following a few rules:
- If your child is participating in athletics, ensure they are wearing protective gear including a mouthguard.
- Use a car seat for your young children and require seatbelts for everyone riding in your vehicle.
- Ensure your home is child proofed, helping to prevent falls
Like us on Facebook
- Sealants at Andrew J. Kapust DDS, PS in Olympia, WA June 8, 2018
- Why We Come Recommended October 16, 2017
- Dentist Appointment Anxiety: 3 Ways to Alleviate Your Child’s Fears January 3, 2017